Caliper doesn’t do it for the accolades or the awards.
We do it because Caliper Cares.
Admittedly, though, it is nice to get recognized for our charitable work. Last month, Caliper earned the prestigious HR Award for Excellence in the area of Social Responsibility at the 18th Annual Delaware Valley HR Department of the Year Awards, held in Philadelphia.
Caliper doesn’t just promote a “Season of Giving.” We have a never-ending cycle of giving, and this effort is driven by our internal Caliper Cares committee, which coordinates ways for Caliper employees to positively impact not only the local community, but the world. Our charitable ventures include:
- The Trenton Area Soup Kitchen, where, on average, Caliper employees donate food and cash in excess of $10,000 each year before Thanksgiving
- McKinley Community School, where Caliper sponsors more than 70 students and purchases Christmas gifts for them
- Supporting a community of homeless individuals in lower Bucks County, PA, as well as a previously homeless family
- Canine cancer research
- Breast cancer research
- Helping injured veterans through The G.I. Go Fund
- Providing instruments and school supplies for Mayan children in Mexico
However, Caliper wasn’t the only company to be honored that night. We would be remiss if we did not mention our clients, including Iron Hill Brewery, who won the HR Award for Excellence in the area of Talent Management.
What better place to honor the act of spreading love… than the City of Brotherly Love? Our thoughts exactly.